Apostolic Christian Restmor
a skilled nursing facility
30+ Years Honoring God by Serving Others
Apostolic Christian Restmor (ACR) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation owned and operated by the Apostolic Christian Church of Morton and supported by the Apostolic Christian Church of Tremont. These churches have been committed to this ministry since 1978.
Residents were served for the first 30 years at 935 E. Jefferson.
1961 — Rudy Bertschi & Chris Hauter opened Restmor (74 beds)
1968 — Sixty-one beds were added
1978 — Morton Apostolic Christian Church purchased Restmor
1991-1994 — The Parkside of Morton, 48 independent living units, constructed at 1400 Parkside
1990s — Sought God's guidance for future ACR and the needs of future residents
June 4, 2006 — Ground broken for a new ACR at 1500 Parkside Avenue. The Construction Manager is CORE Construction, the exterior of the building is handled by BLDD Architects, Inc., and the interior of the building is planned by Perkins Eastman.
All of 2007 and early 2008 — Eleven committees spend 14 months planning the move to the new ACR.
April 15, 2008 — In one very exciting, phenomenal day all the residents, their furniture, and belongings were moved to the new ACR. This was possible because almost all staff from all three shifts were working, because 226 volunteers were giving their day to us, because our family members were so supportive and helpful too, and most of all, because God had blessed our mission in a new facility made possible by wonderful church support.
With grateful hearts, we cherish our past while embracing our future.
Following rehabilitation, 50 percent of our residents are able to return home!